VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Our Commitment, Your Passion
Our commitment to our members is to empower them by giving them the tools they need to own and operate a successful business. Most start-up business owners already possess a strong vision for their companies. However, most require additional operational means, management assistance and educational and networking opportunities to help put their vision into action. Your passion and specialized business knowledge will help these entrepreneurs realize their dreams.
Staff works with our Members on a regular basis to develop their business model and to hone their business plans. However, we are not experts in many fields. As a General Advisor you will have the opportunity to leverage your business knowledge and networks, teaching skills, integrity, and past successes to assist entrepreneurs as part of The BizWorks team.
- Meet with a Member after being referred by BizWorks staff for up to one hour providing pro bono advice and training. After the initial meeting it is up to the Member and the Advisor to if a further relationship is warranted and subject to each’s discretion. Members and General Advisor can meet up to four times per year.
- Communicate with Bizworks staff as needed and appropriate regarding the outcome(s) of your meetings.
- Attend at least one Bizworks function per year outside of your technical counseling sessions.
- As needed and available, participate as trainer and/or facilitator for training in your field of expertise conducted at BizWorks such as Start Smart or “one-off” group sessions.
This group works to mobilize young professionals to be the future “hands and voices” to strengthen BizWorks’ impact and it’s visibility in the community. The culminating effect is to inspire action and support for small business and entrepreneurship in Chesterfield County.
Bounce has three main objectives:
- Generate New Interest – Strategic Objective: Develop a regular calendar of Social and Networking Events that make BizWorks a fun place to be.
- Maximize Community Partnerships – Form strong community partnerships that engage a wide range of interests, from young professionals in corporations and small businesses that will build a robust pipeline of volunteers.
- Fundraising and Sponsorships – Lay groundwork for future funding through maximum exposure and reach by engaging local media, creating sponsorship platform levels and encouraging individual participation.
BIZWORKS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
BizWorks is a nonprofit resource that curates business best practices to help entrepreneurs address the uncertainty of entrepreneurship. Our goal is to help these business owners create and execute sustainable business models that will enable ideas to germinate, startups to survive, and microbusinesses to grow. We believe these business segments are the growth engines of our economy and the job catalyst for low and moderate-income communities.
As such, we seek to promote entrepreneurism to students of all ages. We are currently looking for Interns with approximately 90-120 hours of availability this to work with us on critical projects. These projects will require Interns that possess an intellectual curiosity, strong analytical ability, and work ethic.
The projects center on three main areas:
- Curating entrepreneurial best practices.
- Researching the Incubator Ecosystem.
- Researching grant opportunities.
Additionally, the Interns will support our work with our Members, Partners, and Team when called upon to assist in:
- Social Media activities.
- Programs and training sessions.
- Administrative duties.
- Representation of BizWorks at networking and corporate events.
In return for their hard work, Interns will receive an opportunity to learn about Entrepreneurship from one of the premier organizations in the State. Interns will learn the latest platforms created by entrepreneurial thought leaders including Steve Blank, Eric Reis, and Alex Osterwalder. This experience will be a significant milestone in the Intern’s education and provide them with the tools to compete with their contemporaries.
Currently we are proud to be working with Bryant & Stratton College & Carver Career Academy with our internship program. In the past we have hosted students from Virginia State University, Conquest Graphics and Work Study students on ong and short-term projects. Contact us today to see if we might be a good fit for you or your students! (804) 275-5190